Why is it so hard to talk about personal finance?
Minnesota is home to the largest Somali American population in the U.S.
It’s a community that’s been in the headlines often, but if its members had a direct line to the nation, what would they say?
In partnership with Minnesota Public Radio and Sahan Journal, a nonprofit news organization focusing on immigrants in Minnesota, we sat down with Somali Americans in Minneapolis to find out.
Show and text by Amanda Williams.
1A Across America is funded through a grant from The Corporation for Public Broadcasting. CPB is a private, nonprofit corporation created by Congress in 1967 that is the steward of the federal government’s investment in public broadcasting.
- Mukhtar Ibrahim Editor and executive director, Sahan Journal; @mukhtaryare
- Ubah Jama Teacher, St. Paul Public Schools
- Jaylani Hussein Executive director, CAIR Minnesota; @Jaylanihussein
- Mohamed Issa Barre Hennepin County employee; @junlay99
- Nadia Mohamed Candidate for city council, St. Louis Park, Minnesota; @nadia_joome
- Halima Ahmed Co-leader of the Muslim Student Association, Hamline University
- Haji Yussuf Podcast host; @syussufhaji
Most Recent Shows
What’s the state of American diplomacy under Secretary of State Pompeo’s leadership?
Have you ever read a novel that you felt misrepresented your culture? How did it feel?
The Senate impeachment trial begins in earnest. The National Archive apologizes for altering a photo of the Women's March.